Prism Arts is committed to reducing, and avoiding where possible, operational activities which will negatively impact on the wider environment.
The organisation will:
- Comply with existing regulatory requirements.
- Review its operational practices to reduce its environmental impact.
- Consider environmental factors when business developments are being planned
- Increase employee awareness.
Environmental impact will be reduced by:
Using less paper
- The use of paper and packaging will be minimised and where possible paper will be reused/recycled.
- Recycled / recyclable paper products will be purchased where appropriate.
- Electronic communication and recording systems will be used to replace paper based systems wherever possible.
Using less energy
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be monitored to reduce consumption.
- Energy efficiency will inform new purchases.
Selecting and using office supplies efficiently:
- Where appropriate environmentally efficient products will be bought.
- Prism Arts will follow environmental guidelines for the safe disposal of electrical equipment and other resources.
Reducing the ‘carbon footprint’:
- Prism Arts will promote the use of video/phone conferencing to reduce travel.
- Public transport will be used when appropriate.
- Employees will be encouraged to share transport whenever possible.
- Where possible labour and materials will be locally sourced.
- Energy usage will be monitored.
Increasing environmental awareness
- Prism Arts Employees and Freelance Artists will be required to implement this policy.
- Additional strategies which might be appropriate to adopt will be discussed with employees at team meetings.
- This policy will be reviewed biannually.